Donations are accepted at Loma Colorado Main Library at any time using the donation shed at the library. Donations are accepted in the back of the library (employee parking lot) by the loading dock doors.
The Loma Colorado Main Library accepts donations of books and other media. Some items are added to the library collection and others may be sold to raise funds for library programs and initiatives. Either way, your donations benefit the library and the community.
The Esther Bone Memorial Library does not have space for donations. Please take all donations to the Loma Colorado Main Library.
Donating to the Local History Collection
We welcome donations to the Local History Collection relating to the history of Rio Rancho and/or New Mexico. Acceptable donations include photographs, books, yearbooks, old phone books, posters, flyers, papers, and other memorabilia. Please contact the Loma Colorado Main Library at (505)896-8819. For more information on the history, see the Local History Collection page.
To the Library
Monetary gifts to the Library are placed in special accounts and can be used only for Library programs and services. All gifts are tax deductible.
- Unrestricted Gift - Your gift will help the Library improve and expand its collections and support new and continuing programs for literacy and life-long learning.
- Restricted Gift - You choose a specific purpose or location for your gift. For example, you may designate the purchase for large-print books or for the Young Adult area at the Main Library.
- Memorial/Honorary Gift - You may choose to remember a special person or celebrate a special occasion with your gift. A bookplate may be added to each new book to recognize the person or event. A letter acknowledging your gift will be sent to the honoree or to the family of the person memorialized.
- Bequest - You may designate the Library in your will as a beneficiary for the transfer of assets such as cash, securities, real property, art or other valuable personal property.
- A Major Financial Gift - You choose a project from the Library Director's "Wish List" for a gift in excess of $5000.00. Please contact Library Director for details.