Tax Forms & Information

Federal Tax Forms

To download federal tax forms, visit the IRS website.  

Federal tax forms are also available in person at:
Taxpayer Assistance Center (call first)
5338 Montgomery Blvd. NE 
Albuquerque, NM 87109
Ph: 505-837-5631
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.

Rio Rancho Post Office (call first to verify)
900 Pinetree Road SE
Rio Rancho, NM 87124
Ph: 800-275-8777

Call 1-800-TAX-FORM (800-829-3676) to order current or prior year forms and instructions or IRS publications.  You will receive your order by mail, usually within 10 days.  Call 1-800-829-1040 for live assistance.

New Mexico Tax Forms

To download New Mexico state tax forms, visit the New Mexico Taxation and Revenue Department.

New Mexico state tax forms are also available in person at:
New Mexico Taxation and Revenue Department
5301 Central NE (northeast corner of San Mateo and Central)
Albuquerque, NM 87198-8485
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.

Local Tax Help 

AARP Tax-Aide
Free tax return preparation for low to moderate income taxpayers, especially those 60 and older

Loma Colorado Main Library
755 Loma Colorado Drive NE
Rio Rancho, NM 87124

Appointment times are now full. Walk-in appointments are are on a first come, first serve basis and there are no guarantees of an appointment.
Appointment required and must be done in person at Loma Colorado Main Library.
Available appointment times:
Fridays and Saturdays
February 1 - April 6, 2018
10:15 a.m.– 1:15 p.m.

For more information, see the AARP website

Tax Help New Mexico 
Free tax return preparation service for individuals whose income is less than $53,000 or who are 65 or older. For more information, see the CNM website

CNM Campuses
Main, Montoya, South Valley (Spanish-speakers available), and Westside.
Ph: 505-224-4TAX (4829)

NM Taxation & Revenue Department
Ph: 505-224-4TAX (4829)

United Way of Central New Mexico
Ph: 505-245-1735

To have your taxes prepared, you must present proper documentation including, but not limited to: 
  • Social Security card or Individual Tax Identification Number (ITIN) (yourself, spouse, dependents or anyone else on your return)
  • Photo ID
  • All W-2 Forms
  • All 1099 Forms (Miscellaneous, Interest, Dividends, etc.)
  • All 1098 Forms (Mortgage and Tuition Statements)
  • Form 1095-A or exception from market place
  • Prior Year Tax Return
  • Please see AARP website or CNM website for more information.