Library Cards and Checkout Information
Please see E-resource Library Cards to get a library card.
Library Card Application (English)
Aplicación de la Tarjeta de la Biblioteca (Spanish)
The Rio Rancho Public Library (RRPL) encourage everyone to have a library card and provide a number of card types to meet the needs of all patrons. New Mexico residents who provide photo ID and proof of address receive cards with full privileges. Other cards are available for children, out-of-state visitors, and those who do not have photo ID or proof of address.
Library Card Features:
- Library cards are not transferable. Do not lend your card. Cardholders are responsible for all items checked out on their card.
- If you forget to bring your card you may check out two items using photo ID.
- The Rio Rancho Public Library does not charge daily late fees. We will contact you if items become overdue.
- Please contact us if your card is lost or stolen so we can freeze your account.
- The cardholder is responsible if items are lost or returned damaged.
- Rio Rancho Public Library cards can be used at either branch.
Renewing Your Library Card
- Library cards expire every three years to enable us to make sure the contact information is current.
- Please visit either library and bring your library card, photo ID, and proof of address to have your card renewed.
Checking Out & Returning Items
Rio Rancho Public Library items can be checked out and returned to either branch.
Items from other library systems are sometimes returned to the Rio Rancho Public Library. There is no tracking mechanism for mis-returned items. The Library is not responsible for mis-returned items that are lost. If you think you may have returned an item in error, please contact the checkout desk at the branch where you returned it. The Rio Rancho Public Library has a verbal reciprocal arrangement for the return of items to/from other local libraries. This happens on an irregular basis.
If you have any questions about your account or checking out items, speak to someone at the checkout desk or call Library Customer Service at (505)891-5013 ext 3081.
Items Available to Check Out
|Item Type||Checkout Period||Maximum Number of Renewals||Checkout Limit|
|Music CDs||3 weeks||2||5|
|Feature Films||3 weeks||2||5 DVDs total|
|Nonfiction Films||3 weeks||2||5 DVDs total|
|eBooks & eAudio||3 weeks||2||4-5|
|Books||3 weeks||2||30 items total|
|Magazines (back issues only)||3 weeks||2||30 items total|
|New Mexico Family Pass||3 weeks||0||1|
|Storytime Kits||3 weeks||0||1|
|Home School Collection||6 weeks||0||30|
|WiFi Hotspot||3 weeks||0||1|
|Bookclub Kit||6 weeks||0||30 items total|
|Laptops/Laptop with Hotspot||3 weeks||0||1|