Information about City Facilities and Services
On March 1, 2021, some City of Rio Rancho facilities will open to the public in a limited capacity. While some facilities will be open, citizens are encouraged to limit their visits and continue using City services, such as making Utilities payments, electronically or by phone. Citizens entering or being present inside any City facility are required to wear a face covering and maintain six feet of distance between themselves and others.
Below is information about the reopening of City facilities on March 1, 2021:
- City Hall
- Open from 8:00 a.m. to noon, Monday through Friday.
- Animal Resource Center
- Adoptions and reclaims by appointment only. Please call (505) 891-5075.
- Aquatic Center
- Lap swim by reservation only.
- Those interested in reserving pool lanes can do so by calling (505) 891-5230 from 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Twenty lanes (eleven for lap swim; nine for water walking) will be available to reserve in one-hour increments.
- Rio Rancho Sports Complex, 3501 High Resort Boulevard
- Sports Complex North, 3616 Chayote Road
- 33% capacity of outdoor space per State Public Health Order. Contact the Parks, Recreation and Community Services Department at (505) 891-5015 or email email@example.com for reservations and/or more information.
- Meadowlark Senior Center
- Limited and modified, such as billiards room rentals or yoga, are open and available by appointment only.
- Call (505) 891-5018 for more details.
- Motor Vehicle Division (Rio Rancho Location)
- Appointment-only basis.
- Citizens who need to complete transactions in-person, can make an appointment by visiting www.rrnm.gov/mvd or by calling (505) 896-8367.
- The City of Rio Rancho MVD office applies a $10 transaction fee in addition to the state MVD fee.
- Municipal Court
- Monday through Thursday, 8:00 a.m. to noon
- In person hearings will be set only as the Judge deems necessary and in compliance with the guidelines we have been given by the Supreme Court.
- Parks and Recreation Youth Programming
- Limited and modified recreation programs such as preschool, gymnastics, home-school PE, tutoring, archery and art-academy.
- To view spring, 2021 program offerings through the Parks, Recreation and Community Services Department visit www.rrnm.gov/ActiveNet
- Police Department lobby, front desk, and Records Division
- Open from 8:00 a.m. to noon, Monday through Friday
- Evidence retrieval open by appointment only. Call (505) 891-5954
- Public Libraries
- Limited browsing available in 10-minute increments beginning March 1.
- March 1 -12
- Loma Colorado and Esther Bone
- Mon, Wed-Fri 9am-3 pm; Tues 12-6 pm
- March 15 forward
- Loma Colorado - Mon, Wed-Fri 9am-3 pm; Tues 12-6 pm
- Esther Bone - Tues 12-6pm; Wed-Sat 9am-3pm; closed Mondays
Below is information about facilities that are still closed and contact information:
- Community Centers
- Cabezon Community Center, 2307 Cabezon Boulevard
- Haynes Community Center, 2006 Grande Boulevard
- Sabana Grande Recreation Center, 4110 Sabana Grande Avenue
- Star Heights Recreation Center, 800 Polaris Boulevard
**For a complete list of closed parks and postponed or cancelled Parks, Recreation and Community Services programs and events, please click here.**