Southern Boulevard Phase II Final Design
|Project Manager:||Arnell Friedt|
|Office Phone:||(505) 896-8242|
|Contract Company:||HDR Engineering, Inc.|
|Schedule:||April 2022 - May 2023|
Southern Boulevard Phase II Final Design included Southern Boulevard from Golf Course Road to Unser Boulevard and is a similar design to the recently completed Southern Boulevard Phase I project from NM 528 to Golf Course Road. The design is funded with City funds (approximately $600,000) and Federal funds (approximately $1.8 million).
This design addresses improvements including: a widened road design for reconstruction of a four-lane divided roadway with bicycle lanes, a multi-use trial and sidewalk, right-of-way mapping, traffic signals, lighting, drainage, and utilities.
Construction dates have not yet been determined and are dependent on funding.
A virtual public meeting to discuss the final design stage was held on Thursday, May 19th from 6:00 p.m. to 6:45 p.m. To access a recorded version of this meeting, email email@example.com. To download a copy of the presentation, click here. Public Meeting
- April 2023: Finalizing design
- March 2023: Final right of way maps approved
- February 2023: Second draft right of way maps
- January 2023: Developing additional Environmental documents
- November 2022: Coordination with NMDOT
- October 2022: Proceeding to final plans for Phase IIA.
- September 2022: Right of Way maps in review.
- August 2022: Right of Way maps in development.
- May 2022: Second Public Meeting held.
- April 2022: Design documents completed to 90%.
- March 2022: Pothole drilling to locate utilities complete.
- December 2021: Pothole drilling to locate utilities in roadway. During this time, one lane of Southern Blvd. may closed for a short period of time.
- August 2021: Design documents completed to 60%.
- June 2021:
City Project Manger and Design Consultant walked corridor and made initial contact with business owners. Preliminary Drainage Report complete.
- May 2021:
Geotechnical Engineering Services and report complete.
- January 2021:
Topographical survey and aerial mapping complete. Subsurface Utility Engineering (SUE) Level B complete.
- October 2020:
Programmatic Categorical Exclusion (PCE) was issued by the New Mexico Department of Transportation (NMDOT) certifying the project does not have significant environmental impacts.