- Departments & More
- Financial Services
- Motor Vehicle Division
- 1st Time NM License (over 18 years old)
1st Time NM License (over 18 years old)
1st Time NM License - Ages 18 and older
- Primary ID (see acceptable document list)
- Secondary ID (see acceptable document list)
- Two (2) documents to prove residency (see acceptable documents list)
- Proof of residence documents must also have the same name as the Primary and Secondary ID and the physical address must be the same.
- Passing written and road exam scores
None for the Road CourseNone for the Road: DWl Awareness Program Mandatory for first-time driver's licenses between ages 18-24 in the state of New Mexico.
What is the None for the Road DWI Awareness Program?The $25 purchase* of the study guide is required for all first time New Mexico licensees between the ages of 18 through 24 years, or have been convicted of a DUI, to successfully complete the DWl Awareness final exam through the Motor Vehicle Department.
Please read and follow the steps below carefully for the DWl Awareness Study Guide.
- Visit None for the Road to purchase the online study guide and view the optional course video. All major credit cards accepted.
- Once you have worked through the online course, a payment verification number is available after the practice exam. Take your payment verification number to your local MVD field office to complete the DWl Awareness Final Exam. (There are no refunds for this program.)
- Fill out your mailing information on the Study Guide Request Form (see below) and send it along with a $25 money order to UNM Continuing Education. (Personal checks are not accepted.)
- When your money order and completed request form are received, a None for the Road Study Guide will be sent to you.
- Once you receive your study guide in the mail, you will work through the Study Guide and complete the practice exam. Once you have completed the practice exam, take your payment verification number (pg. 13) to the Local MVD field office to complete the DWl Awareness Final Exam. (There are no refunds for this program.)
UNM Continuing Education
DWI Awareness Program
MSC 07 4030
University of New Mexico
Albuquerque, NM 87131