"None for the Road" DWI Certificate
None for the Road Course
Drivers Age 25 and Older
Any person, 25 years of age and over, who has ever been convicted of DWI and who is applying for his or her first New Mexico driver license, must also submit evidence of having successfully completed New Mexico's approved DWI prevention and education program, None for the Road, or another state's equivalent program. The None for the Road class is administered by UNM Continuing Education, not by the Motor Vehicle Division. Information about the class and a class application are available online or by calling 505-277-0051 (Albuquerque and surrounding areas) or call toll-free at 1-877-663-7465. Business hours are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. You may also obtain a 'None for the Road' test online.
New Drivers - Ages 18-24
If you are applying for your first New Mexico driver license and are aged 18-24, you must complete the 'None for the Road' self-study DWI awareness class.
What is the None for the Road DWI Awareness Program?
The $25 purchase* of the study guide is required for all first time New Mexico licensees between the ages of 18 through 24 years, or have been convicted of a DUI, to successfully complete the DWl Awareness final exam through the Motor Vehicle Department.
Please read and follow the steps below carefully for the DWl Awareness Study Guide.
- Visit None for the Road to purchase the online study guide and view the optional course video. All major credit cards accepted.
- Once you have worked through the online course, a payment verification number is available after the practice exam. Take your payment verification number to your local MVD field office to complete the DWl Awareness Final Exam. (There are no refunds for this program.)
- Fill out your mailing information on the Study Guide Request Form (see below) and send it along with a $25 money order to UNM Continuing Education. (Personal checks are not accepted.)
- When your money order and completed request form are received, a None for the Road Study Guide will be sent to you.
- Once you receive your study guide in the mail, you will work through the Study Guide and complete the practice exam. Once you have completed the practice exam, take your payment verification number (pg. 13) to the Local MVD field office to complete the DWl Awareness Final Exam. (There are no refunds for this program.)
UNM Continuing Education
DWI Awareness Program
MSC 07 4030
University of New Mexico
Albuquerque, NM 87131