Due to monthly maintenance, the Rio Rancho Aquatic Center will not open until 1:30 pm on Monday, March 1. Reservations for March 2 will begin at 12 noon on Monday, March 1.
Adjusted Schedule and Reservations
The Rio Rancho Aquatic Center is open for lap swimming only (13 and up) and with restrictions aimed at limiting the spread of COVID-19. Precautionary safety measures including altered hours of operation, enhanced cleaning procedures, strict distancing guidelines, and adjusted capacity limits will be in place.
The public can reserve pool lanes by calling (505) 891-5230 from 6:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday and between 11:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. on Saturday. Twenty lanes (eleven for lap swim; nine for water walking) will be available to reserve in one hour increments.
Aquatic Center Hours
- Monday - Friday: 6:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. (closed 12:00 p.m. – 1:30 p.m.)
- Saturday: 12:00 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- Sunday: CLOSED
- Closed 1st Monday of each month until 1:30 p.m. for monthly maintenance
The following precautions and operational changes will be enforced until further notice:
- Lane Reservation – One hour per reservation and ONE reservation per day. Call one day ahead to reserve lane (call on Saturday for Monday reservations), may not attend two consecutive days unless there is a vacancy to allow for more user equity. Receptionist will call waitlisted patrons after 3:00 p.m.to notify if there are vacancies;
- Number of swimmers allowed in the facility will be reduced based on physical distancing guidelines;
- Wearing of face coverings is required when entering the facility and in all areas except the pool;
- No gatherings on deck will be allowed;
- Signage will be placed throughout the facility to remind the public of physical distancing;
- Patrons must wait outside of the facility until their reservation time;
- When waiting in line outside of the facility, patrons are required to maintain six feet of distance between themselves and others;
- Individuals showing any symptoms of illness should not use the facility, and high risk individuals are discouraged from using the facility;
- One person per lap lane;
- NO locker use and NO shower use, swimmers must shower at home;
- All staff will wear face coverings, utilize hand-held whistles, and have an air horn on stand for emergency situations;
- Comprehensive Disinfectant Procedure – 30 minute gap between reservations to allow for patrons to exit building, staff to disinfect door handles, handrails, deck chairs, lifeguard stands, lane partitions, sinks, soap, restroom stalls, rescue tubes, toilet levers, etc.;
- Entry of patrons and exit of patrons will follow separate pathways. All lanes and grid space will be labeled and assigned as necessary;
- There will be no equipment for patron-sharing usage.
The City of Rio Rancho Parks, Recreation, and Community Services Department is committed to providing activities and events that promote a healthy lifestyle, community engagement, and economic value. Research shows that people that participate in recreational activities report feeling happier and healthier, are more content in their careers, and have more fulfilling and satisfying lives.
Check out the Program Brochure to view a listing of all of the amazing programs and events offered through the City of Rio Rancho.