Engineering Division Mission Statement
Through the application of sound engineering principles, established design standards and excellent customer service, the Development Services Engineering Division provides timely and quality engineering evaluation of subdivision plans, construction drawings and related documents; combined with the highest possible level of inspection services for compliance with City standards; ensuring public safety and enhancing the quality of life for the citizens of Rio Rancho.
Development Services Engineering Division is responsible for the review and approval of a variety of engineering submittals and the inspection/acceptance of public roads, drainage facilities and utility improvements constructed by land developers. Division Staff works closely with all Divisions in the Development Services Department, the Department of Public Works, developers, contractors, and outside agencies such as SSCAFCA and NMDOT.
Engineering Reviews Include:
- Drainage Reports
- Grading and Erosion Control Plans
- Roads and Drainage Construction Plans
- Utility Construction Plans
- Traffic Reviews
- Review Comments to City Planning on Development Applications
- Subdivision Plats
- Management of Financial Assurances
- Manage the City's National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) Stormwater Program
- Floodplain Management