COVID-19 Court Schedule
Due to an abundance of caution and prioritization of available resources regarding the statewide surge in COVID-19 positive cases, the Rio Rancho Police Department headquarters facility, which includes Municipal Court, at 500 Quantum Road will be closed to the public beginning November 5, 2020 and until further notice. During this time, emergency and non-emergency calls for service will still be responded to without interruption.
Any attorney cases will be cancelled and continued to a later date. Video arraignments and bond hearings will be held as normal on an as needed basis. Court staff will still enter citations, take phone calls, and hold pro se arraignment hearings via telephone or virtually.
Court contact numbers:
- Court Clerks: (505) 891-5999
- Probation: (505) 891-5991
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Court payment options:
- Online: www.citepayusa.com
- Name, DOB, and Case or Citation Number is necessary
- Drop box at front of building, 500 Quantum Road, near the entrance for payments
- Cash is not accepted
- Must be Cashier’s Check or money order
The court has no jurisdiction over civil matters.
Judge G. Robert Cook is the only elected judge, but has two alternate judges that fill in for him, in his absence.
Cook was elected to his third, four-year term in March 2018. The municipal court judge is elected at-large in a non-partisan election to a four-year term. The next municipal court judge election will be March 2022.