City Clerk

COVID-19 (Coronavirus) and City Operations

Due to increased public health safety measures related to COVID-19, Rio Rancho City Hall is closed to the public until further notice. During this time, City personnel will still provide services to citizens electronically or by phone. Other City services, such as emergency services, road repair and maintenance, utilities billing, and Development Services-related will continue to be fully operational.

  • City Clerk’s Office (business licenses/registration and records requests)

For information about City facilities and programs and a list of closures and cancellations, please click here.   


The City Clerk has the following responsibilities:
  • Orderly processing of legislation
  • Custodian of public records
  • Administration of business registration and licensing
  • Codification of the Municipal Code
  • Clerk to the Governing Body
  • Administrator of municipal elections