Filing a Complaint

File a HUD Fair Housing Discrimination Complaint

If you live in the City of Rio Rancho and you feel you have experienced discrimination related to your housing, please contact CDBG Grant Administrator, Susan Gonzales, at 505-896-8766 or If you are hearing impaired, please dial 711. You will be contacted if additional information is needed.

If you live outside of the City of Rio Rancho, but in the State of New Mexico, please call the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD-Region VI) at (888) 560-8913. If you are hearing impaired, please dial 711. You may also file a complaint online via the HUD website.

Additional Resources for Fair Housing Information

HUD - Fair Housing Home Page

Fair Housing Act--Know Your Right
Fair Housing Equal Opportunity for All pamphlets in English or Spanish

HUD – Various Reference Sources in Various Languages

Disability Rights New Mexico

Questions and Answers for Landlords and Managers:
MS Word Document
Girl in wheelchair with service dog.jpg