1. This application is for residential development only.
2. All services will be pending until a field inspection is completed. If a field inspection failed; the customer is
required to pay the difference for the service. All services will be inspected by the City once installed.
3. Customer must make sure that the address is clearly marked on the lot, and viewable from the road.
4. The following definitions are used in this application:
a. Service Available: The infrastructure has been completed and accepted. Distribution Main is a new
water/wastewater main that must be extended. The water distribution/wastewater collection main is
located in the street and may provide service, but there is no service line to the property. A copy of
Inspection Sheet from the City Utility Inspector must be submitted prior to release of water/wastewater
request. No approval for building permit will be allowed without a completed Meter Application from the
b. Well/Septic Permit Required: City Water/Wastewater is not available now or in the near future.
Applicant should pursue a Domestic Well (for water) or a Liquid Waste Disposal System (for sewer and
approved by NMED). A Domestic Well application must be submitted. It is available on the City website at: https://rrnm.gov/2215/Domestic-Well-Program. All items are submitted online. A septic tank is allowed but the septic permit must come from NMED and be submitted with the well packet..
c. Pro-Rata: If a pro-rata is due for water and wastewater then it must be paid along with impact fees.
____ Rio Rancho City Well Permit Required
* indicates a required field