- Departments & More
- Form Instructions
Fillable Form Instructions
Below are the instructions on how to fill out a fillable form. All forms will need Adobe Reader installed in order to view the form. Please see our Utilities Department Forms page to get a copy of a fillable form.
How to Fill Out Adobe Fillable Forms:
How to Fill Out Adobe Fillable Forms:
1. Click on the appropriate form.
a. The form will open as a PDF which means that you will need an Adobe Reader application to access and view the form. You can get an Adobe Reader for free, by clicking on the Adobe Reader link. All PDFs are searchable.
2. Once you click on the form it will open in a new window.
a. You will need to save or download the form in order for you to send the form. Depending on your version of Adobe Reader, you may see one of the following icons.
i. The floppy disc icon: This icon is located in the upper left hand corner of the webpage, and allows you to save a copy of the form to your desktop or a folder of your choice. Click the icon to open the Windows Explorer box and indicate where you would like to save the form. You can even re-name the form if you like, by clicking inside the File Name box. Once you have chosen a destination for the form, click the SAVE button in the Windows Explorer box.
ii. The download icon: This icon looks like an arrow pointing to a line and is located in the upper right hand corner of the webpage. This icon allows you do directly download the form onto your desktop or a folder of your choice. Click the icon to open the Windows Explorer box and indicate where you would like to download the form. You can even re-name the form if you like, by clicking inside the File Name box. Once you have chosen a destination for the form, click the SAVE button in the Windows Explorer box.
iii. The printer icon: If you are unable to save the form by using the previous two ways, they you may need to print the form. Please check the requirements of the form submission before printing as some forms are required to be submitted electronically only. The printer icon is located in either the upper left or upper right hand corner. This will allow you to print the form. Click on the icon and then click on the PRINT button.
3. If you saved the form, then close the Internet tab that has the form, and go to your desktop or destination folder where you saved or downloaded the form. Double click on the saved form on your desktop or destination folder to open the form for editing.
4. Click on the first field, which is highlighted in either blue, purple, or pink; depending on the color settings on your computer monitor. This highlighting indicates that you can fill in that field.
a. If the field is boxed in red that means it is a required field. This field must be filled out in order for the form to be accepted by the Utilities Department.
5. You can either click on the next field or click the Tab button on your keyboard to advance to the next field in the document.
6. Some forms allow you to sign them. If this is the case you can either input a signature, if your Adobe Reader allows you to, or you can type your name.
a. Typing of your name is seen as an electronic signature and verifies that you agree to the terms of the document.
b. If the document does not allow you to sign you will have to print the document to sign it. Afterwards, you will have to scan the document into a PDF format (minimum of 300 DPI) to send it electronically with your signature. Make sure to include any extra documentation that the form requests.
7. Once your document is fully filled in and signed (if required), save the form.
a. Save the form by going to the upper left hand corner to FILE.
b. Go down the list to SAVE AS.
c. Click on the file name you want to save the document as. It is usually easier to click on the same name you gave the document when you saved it to your desktop.
d. Click the SAVE button.
e. If you saved the file with the same name then click the YES button. Otherwise, go to step 8.
8. You can then choose to either print or send your form electroncially via e-mail. Please check the requirements of the form submission before printing as some forms are required to be submitted electronically only.
a. If you e-mail the form it will need to be attached to the e-mail as an attachment. Please also attach any other documentation that the form requires to the same e-mail. You must include the form name in the subject line.
i. Please send forms electronically, with supporting documents, in one e-mail to: UTForms@rrnm.gov.
b. If you printed the form you can hand deliver it to City Hall (3200 Civic Center Circle NE, Suite 250), or mail it.
i. If you plan to mail the form, please include the form, with any supporting documents, in one envelope. Send forms to:
(Form Name or Description)
City of Rio Rancho
3200 Civic Center Circle, NE
Rio Rancho, NM 87144
9. If you have any questions or problems please call (505) 896-8715.
Adobe Disclaimer: Reading the PDF documents provided on this site requires the Adobe Acrobat Reader, available for free from Adobe. Adobe, the Adobe logo, Acrobat, and the Acrobat logo are trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated.