Tort Claim

If you feel like you have been injured and believe the City is at fault, notice to the City is required pursuant to the NM Tort Claims Act.

Filing a Tort Claim 

  • Download the form, complete it, and submit it by email to or by mail to the City Attorney's Office; 3200 Civic Center Circle; Rio Rancho, NM 87144.  

Each claim is unique and deserves careful consideration. Our responsibility is to objectively evaluate claims submitted as per the NM Tort Claims Act.

If you have questions about filing a tort claim, please contact the City Attorney's Office.