Anyone can become a part of CERT. CERT members learn about important life-safety support techniques.
The next CERT class will be October 15, 2022 from 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. at Rio Rancho Fire and Rescue Headquarters, 1526 Stephanie Road.
- Learning to suppress small fires
- Basic first aid, treatment for shock, and related techniques
- Evacuation tactics and how to collaborate with local government agencies to support neighborhood exits
- Search tactics
- Communications, including the use of radios
- Fire safety and suppression
For more information, please contact Rose Martinez, Deputy Emergency Manager, by email or by calling (505) 891-5856.